Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

Life in trenches

Life in trenches
Scared of war
2nd August 1914
‘Honey, the mayor wants you to go to war, you have to be there at dawn’ ‘uh … ok mum’. My hands are shaking, my heart is trembling. I feel like I could just die because I know I wouldn't survive. I wanted to tell mum but I was too scared.

Going to war
3 August 1914
Today is my first day of war, I've done a whole lot of training and I …. think i’m ready. I made a few friends over the night but it's not about making friends. Because my life and my country is at risk. I got to survive for my family and friends. But I am excited because I get to hop in a big truck.

Second day
4 August 1914
To day is my second day of war i’m so scared and nervous. Will I survive today?  
“I will survive for my family!” Sunny, Sunny, wake up wake up! he’s gone. I”ve come back from war and I’m safe and sound but my friend, Sunny died. I met him at the cabin, his bed is beside me. How can I sleep with out him.

5 August 1914
I've come back from war and i'm scared and wish to go home. I wonder why did I have to sign up to go to gallipoli? There’s no sign going back I just wish. Does mum remember me does dad, I hope so. I get out my picture folder of my family that I brough. I remember the good old days where I didn’t have to think of war, when I was little, when mom makes me hot chocolate on a winters day. I wish I could be mommys boy again.

6 August 1914
The clouds are as fluffy as a pillow, the sun is as bright as a light bulb, the grass is as green as a clover. Today is a hot sunny day a great day to relax but I’m at war so no time to dream about this beautiful day, of we go to war no time to chat.

By Mikayla

3 comments:

  1. Splendid journal, Mikayla! I love the way you used similes and describing words to make your journal sound very interesting. Well done!
    Keep up the awesome work!

    From Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written journal Mikayla! Your describing words were well used and I think that you did a brilliant job! Even though it is short, it was really good! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete