Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

Moment in time Mary Mackillop

Mary Mackillop Center
One day, my school went to Mary Mackillop Center in Mission Bay were the Josephites lived.

It’s lunch time at the Mary Mackillop center, so we got our bags and sat under a tree with our class. As I’m eating my lunch I saw the sisters throwing lollies on the fresh smelling grass. The children were trying to get the most lollies in the scramble. The children loved the scrambling and competing for lollies- it was fun although I was just standing and looking at them collecting their loot.

The green grass looks like a green carpet, soft and spongy.  As I sit on the grass I can feel the blades tickling my fingers as I lean over to rest. It is supports my back like my favorite cushion.  

Screenshot 2014-11-05 at 10.34.03 AM.pngI can hear the loud sound of the waves coming from the beach. I can hear splashing sounds as the currents splash against the rocks. Birds are chirping as they glide in the wind to catch fish to eat with their hooked  beaks.

I can feel the rough concrete as I walked by firmly on the path. It is not even some portions are smooth and most of it are rough. I can feel the grits of the gravel on my shoes. Many children did not notice this.

Screenshot 2014-10-30 at 9.36.26 AM.pngI think today was fun because we met the Josephites nun and they told us how its like being a nun.

By:Mikayla

  

No comments:

Post a Comment