Pages

Thursday 23 June 2016

A Bush Walk Gone Wrong!

A BUSH WALK GONE WRONG!
A bush walk gone wrong! It was a Sunny Tuesday morning, when my mum and I went on a bush walk in theTararua forest. Mum and I couldn’t be more excited to be in New Zealand doing a famous bush trail. It was nothing like back home in America. I can just feel the sun shining on my skin. I can see the river glistening in the sun, the pohutukawa trees swaying to and fro, in the light breezy wind. I can hear the tui and the fantail birds singing a lovely tune.


It was now the afternoon. The golden sun has set and the cold, dark, musty, blue moon risen, it’s time to go home. We fell down, a big steep bank, into a abandoned shallow stream. I was in shock. Mum and I didn’t know what to do. I can hear my heart thumping inside my chest. Mum and I felt depressed in this dark, dense forest. We cling to each other to keep our warmth.


Dawn cracked through the musty night sky.The cold wintery night came to an end, and the raise of the sun groped their way through the tall palm trees. Mum had collected rocks from the stream to write help. A few Minutes later I woke to a loud chopping sound of a helicopter. It was a rescue helicopter coming to save us. I quickly jumped up in excitement and gathered my bag. We jumped into the helicopter and took a 30 minute fly to the nearest hospital, where we got something to eat. Now we can go to sleep knowing we will be safe.
Based on a true story

References

By Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment